: In accordance with the law, we only collect a limited amount of information about you that is necessary for correspondence, information and service provision. We do not use profiling, we do not sell or pass your data to third parties. We do not use your data for purposes other than those specified. We make sure your data is stored securely. We delete all information deemed to be no longer necessary. We constantly review our Privacy Policies to keep it up to date in protecting your data. (You can request a copy of our policies at any time).Your personal data – what is it?
“Personal data” is any information about a living individual which allows them to be identified from that data (for example a name, photographs, videos, email address, or address). Identification can be directly using the data itself or by combining it with other information which helps to identify a living person.
The processing of personal data is governed by legislation in the United Kingdom including the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR) and other legislation relating to personal data and rights such as the Human Rights Act. Who are we?
This Privacy Notice is provided to you by Edlesborough Parish Council which is the data controller for your data.
Other data controllers the council works with:
- Local authorities
- Community groups
- National Association of Local Councils
We may need to share your personal data we hold with them so that they can carry out their responsibilities to the Council. If we and the other data controllers listed above are processing your data jointly for the same purposes, then the council and the other data controllers may be “joint data controllers” which means we are all collectively responsible to you for your data. Where each of the parties listed above are processing your data for their own independent purposes then each of us will be independently responsible to you and if you have any questions, wish to exercise any of your rights (see below) or wish to raise a complaint, you should do so directly to the relevant data controller.
A description of what personal data the council processes and for what purposes is set out in this Privacy Notice.When you contact us
The information you provide (personal information such as name, address, email address, phone number, organisation) will be processed and stored to enable us to contact you and respond to your correspondence, provide information and/or access our facilities and services. Your personal information will be not shared or provided to any other third party.
The council will process some or all of the following personal data where necessary to perform its tasks:
The Councils Right to Process Information
- Names, titles, aliases, photographs
- Contact details such as telephone numbers, addresses, and email addresses
- Where they are relevant to the services provided by a council, or where you provide them to us, we may process information such as gender, age, marital status, nationality, education/work history, academic/professional qualifications, hobbies, family composition, and dependants
- Where you pay for activities such as use of Edlesborough Memorial Hall, Allotments, Cemetery, donations or sponsorship, financial identifiers such as bank account numbers, payment/transaction identifiers
- We use your personal data for some or all of the following purposes
- To deliver public services including to understand your needs to provide the services that you request and to understand what we can do for you and inform you of other relevant services
- To confirm your identity to provide some services
- To contact you by post, email, telephone
- To help us to build up a picture of how we are performing
- To prevent and detect fraud and corruption in the use of public funds and where necessary for the law enforcement functions
- To enable us to meet all legal and statutory obligations and powers including any delegated functions
- To carry out comprehensive safeguarding procedures (including due diligence and complaints handling) in accordance with best safeguarding practice from time to time with the aim of ensuring that all children and adults-at-risk are provided with safe environments and generally, as necessary, to protect individuals from harm or injury
- To promote the interests of the council
- To maintain our own accounts and records
- To seek your views, opinions or comments
- To notify you of changes to our facilities, services, events and staff, councillors and other role holders
- To send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you. These may include information about campaigns, appeals, other new projects or initiatives
- To process relevant financial transactions including grants and payments for goods and services supplied to the council
- To allow the statistical analysis of data so we can plan the provision of services.
General Data Protection Regulations Article 6 (1) (a) (b) and (e) grants the Council the right to process information where:
Processing is with consent of the data subject or
Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation or
Processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controllerInformation Security
Edlesborough Parish Council has a duty to ensure the security of personal data. We make sure that your information is protected from unauthorised access, loss, manipulation, falsification, destruction or unauthorised disclosure. This is done through appropriate technical measures and appropriate policies. Copies of these policies can be requested.
We will only keep your data for the purpose it was collected for and only for as long as is necessary. After which it will be deleted. (You many request the deletion of your data held by Edlesborough Parish Council at any time).Children
We will not process any data relating to a child (under 13) without the express consent of the parental/ guardian of the child concerned. Access to Information
You have the right to request access to the information we have on you. You can do this by contacting our Data Information Officer: The Clerk to Edlesborough Parish CouncilInformation Correction
If you believe that the information we have about you is incorrect, you may contact us so that we can update it and keep your data accurate. Please contact: The Clerk to Edlesborough Parish Council to request this.Information Deletion
If you wish Edlesborough Parish Council to delete the information about you please contact: The Clerk to Edlesborough Parish Council to request this.Right to Object
If you believe that your data is not being processed for the purpose it has been collected for, you may object: Please contact The Clerk to Edlesborough Parish Council to object. Rights Related to Automated Decision Making and Profiling
Edlesborough Parish Council does not use any form of automated decision making or the profiling of individual personal data.Complaints
If you have a complaint regarding the way your personal data has been processed you may make a complaint to Edlesborough Parish Council Data Information Officer: The Clerk to Edlesborough Parish Council and the Information Commissioners Office
Tel: 0303 123 1113